Simply Earth - Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot was named after a town in Italy–Bergamo–where Bergamot oil was first marketed. This citrus oil was most commonly used in Italian folk medicine for fevers and other medicinal purposes for many years.
Bergamot is used to reduces insomnia, relaxes and calms mind, refreshes and uplifts one's mood, balances oily skin and eases tight muscles.
Download Simply Earth's Essential Oil for Beginners book.
- Botanical name: Citrus bergamia
- Origin: Italy
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Plant Description: Bergamot (evergreen) belongs to the Rutaceae Family, native to the Canary Islands. The tree may grow from 2 - 10 m. tall. Bergamot doesn't grow in the wild, but instead is cultivated. The long branches are covered with spines. The tree yields small pear-shaped fruit which are not edible but are useful for the oil extracted from the peel/rind
- Aroma: Citrus warm floral scent, bright spicy, savory fruity aroma
- Note: Middle
- Color: Light yellowish green to yellowish brown liquid
- Blends Well With:
- Main Constituents: Limonene, linalyl acetate
Blends Well With: Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Mandarin, Nutmeg, Orange, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Ylang-ylang
- Dilution Rate: This oil is generally non irritating unless oxidized. Always dilute an essential oils before using them topically. For proper dilution rates check out Simply Earth's dilution guide.
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes
- More Safety Info: Dilute well before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 ml
Why we like it
Simply Earth donates 13% of all profits to fight human trafficking. The average age of an individual forced into human trafficking is 13. Also, they use minimal packaging with bottles arriving in cardboard packaging.
Simply Earth has a commitment to quality. To make sure each plant reaches its potential, they carefully and ethically choose a region where it will thrive. Then they work with their farmers. When plants have reached maturity, they are harvested safely and fairly. From there they collect their natural essential oils through either cold-pressing or steam-distillation, never diluted or mixed with additives. Every batch is then tested to ensure 100% purity.
We are proud to partner with a social good brand like Simply Earth!