Simply Earth - Cedarwood Himalayan 15ml Oil
Cedarwood's uses can be traced as far as biblical times, as it was used for construction materials in temples, homes, boats, and torches. Cedarwood is now more commonly used for its skin and respiratory benefits. It is also found to be helpful for those who are emotionally tense.
Download Simply Earth's Essential Oil for Beginners book.
- Botanical Name: Cedrus deodora
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Wood
- Plant Description: The cedarwood (Himalayan) tree is native to the Himalayas and a member of the pinaceae family. It's a large and tall evergreen tree, growing up to 50-60 m. tall and 3 m. in trunk diameter. Its wood is not as good as that of the Atlas Cedarwood but both Atlas and Himalayan Cedarwood Essential Oils are very grounding
- Aroma: Warm, woody, rich, balsamic; found to be slightly sweeter than the Cedarwood Atlas
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin to viscous
- Color: Clear - Pale Yellow
- Main Constituents: α-cedrene, cedrol, thujosene
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes
- More Safety Info: Generally safe. Follow dilution instructions
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 ml
Why we like it
Simply Earth donates 13% of all profits to fight human trafficking. The average age of an individual forced into human trafficking is 13. Also, they use minimal packaging with bottles arriving in cardboard packaging.
Simply Earth has a commitment to quality. To make sure each plant reaches its potential, they carefully and ethically choose a region where it will thrive. Then they work with their farmers. When plants have reached maturity, they are harvested safely and fairly. From there they collect their natural essential oils through either cold-pressing or steam-distillation, never diluted or mixed with additives. Every batch is then tested to ensure 100% purity.
We are proud to partner with a social good brand like Simply Earth!