Simply Earth - Clove Essential Oil
Used mainly as a spice, ancient cultures used Clove to treat a variety of ailments. Chinese medicine used Clove to combat bad breath, hernias, and bronchitis; others used it to relieve toothaches, aid digestion, alleviate childbirth pain, and eliminate intestinal parasites and athlete’s foot.
These are the other uses of clove, warms mind and body, improves focus, promotes confidence and helps fight seasonal illnesses.
Download Simply Earth's Essential Oil for Beginners book.
- Botanical name: Syzygium aromaticum
- Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Buds
- Plant Description: Clove belongs to plants in the pea family (Fabaceae). Their species are generally small and usually have leaves with three leaflets. Clove can grow 8 to 12 inches
- Aroma: Spicy floral scent resembling the smell of carnation with a light smoky odor
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Main Constituents: Eugenol: 85.95%
Blends Well With: Cinnamon Bark , Nutmeg, Citronella, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Rose
- Dilution Rate: Always dilute essential oils with a carrier oil when using them on the skin. Clove Essential Oil is best used at a 0.5% dilution rate when used on the skin (3-5 drops/ounce carrier oil). See Simply Earth's dilution guide.
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: Consult your doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Consult your doctor
- Cat and Dog Safe: Avoid using this oil around cats and dogs. Always make sure your pet can leave the room when using essential oils.
- More Safety Info: This oil is skin irritating, so be sure to follow dilution instructions. Don't use this oil on sensitive or broken skin. Clove Essential Oil can be irritating to mucous membranes and cause sensitization so be cautious when using this oil. Do not use Clove Essential Oil if you are on an anticoagulant or antidepressant medications as the eugenol content of this oil may interfere with these medications. This interference is most likely if the essential oil is ingested - never ingest an essential oil unless under the guidance of a doctor versed in pharmaceuticals and aromatherapy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 ml
Why we like it
Simply Earth donates 13% of all profits to fight human trafficking. The average age of an individual forced into human trafficking is 13. Also, they use minimal packaging with bottles arriving in cardboard packaging.
Simply Earth has a commitment to quality. To make sure each plant reaches its potential, they carefully and ethically choose a region where it will thrive. Then they work with their farmers. When plants have reached maturity, they are harvested safely and fairly. From there they collect their natural essential oils through either cold-pressing or steam-distillation, never diluted or mixed with additives. Every batch is then tested to ensure 100% purity.
We are proud to partner with a social good brand like Simply Earth!