Simply Earth - Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense has been used throughout history, with its most notable appearances in the Bible and in ancient Egyptian history. Historically, Frankincense was used by ancient Egyptians for incense, treating wounds, and easing arthritis. In more recent times, Frankincense has been used in soaps, perfumes, and even in some pharmaceutical products.
Frankincense can also be used to fight germs, reduces symptoms related to bronchitis and sinus congestion, alleviates swelling, deodorizes and clears the mind.
Download Simply Earth's Essential Oil for Beginners book.
- Botanical Name: Boswellia serrata
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Resin
- Plant Description: Its wax (used for the oil) can be obtained from the Boswellia tree, which is native to India. The Boswellia serrata tree grows in the Punjab region of India as well as in regions of Pakistan. The small, thin trees are stripped of their bark to yield a sticky resin from which the essential oil is extracted
- Aroma: Warm and spicy, woody and resonating, milder than Frankincense from Somalia
- Note: Base
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Main constituents: a-Thujene: 62.82%
Blends Well With: Clove, Lemon, Myrrh, Chamomile, Cedarwood, Pine, Basil, Rosemary
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Consult your doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Consult your doctor
- More Safety Info: Generally safe. Follow dilution instructions
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 ml
Why we like it
Simply Earth donates 13% of all profits to fight human trafficking. The average age of an individual forced into human trafficking is 13. Also, they use minimal packaging with bottles arriving in cardboard packaging.
Simply Earth has a commitment to quality. To make sure each plant reaches its potential, they carefully and ethically choose a region where it will thrive. Then they work with their farmers. When plants have reached maturity, they are harvested safely and fairly. From there they collect their natural essential oils through either cold-pressing or steam-distillation, never diluted or mixed with additives. Every batch is then tested to ensure 100% purity.
We are proud to partner with a social good brand like Simply Earth!