Simply Earth - Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium was used by ancient Egyptians to treat tumors and then by Europeans to treat a wider array of conditions including dysentery, hemorrhoids, menstrual conditions, and even diarrhea. Today Geranium is used in perfumery and as a flavoring agent in foods. It is often confused with rose due to its rosy scent and nickname, Rose Geranium.
Geranium is also used for uplifting mood, balances skin and for relieving tension and stress.
Download Simply Earth's Essential Oil for Beginners book.
- Botanical Name: Pelargonium Graveolens
- Origin: Egypt
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Plant Part: Leaves & Flowers
- Plant Description: Pelargonium graveolens grows in the northern provinces of South Africa, Zimbabwe and Mozambique. It is a medium shrub that grows about one meter high and 1.5 meters wide. Its rosy smelling flowers are pinkish-white, and it blooms from August to January. Also called "rose-scented geranium"
- Aroma: Floral, fresh, sweet, and rosy
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Pale yellow to greenish yellow
- Main Constituents: Citronellol: 37% Geraniol: 19%
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Citronella, Clary Sage, Fennel, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Neroli and Nutmeg
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes
- More safety info: Kids max dilution: 1%. Adult max dilution:17.5%. Shelf life of 2 years
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 ml
Why we like it
Simply Earth donates 13% of all profits to fight human trafficking. The average age of an individual forced into human trafficking is 13. Also, they use minimal packaging with bottles arriving in cardboard packaging.
Simply Earth has a commitment to quality. To make sure each plant reaches its potential, they carefully and ethically choose a region where it will thrive. Then they work with their farmers. When plants have reached maturity, they are harvested safely and fairly. From there they collect their natural essential oils through either cold-pressing or steam-distillation, never diluted or mixed with additives. Every batch is then tested to ensure 100% purity.
We are proud to partner with a social good brand like Simply Earth!