Simply Earth - Spearmint Essential Oil
Spearmint was traditionally used to scent bath water and was used to aid digestion. Today it is commonly used as flavoring agent especially in gum and toothpaste, but its essential oil can also help those with queasy stomachs or in need of a focus boost.
Download Simply Earth's Essential Oil for Beginners book.
- Botanical Name: Mentha spicata
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Leaves & stems
- Plant Description: a herbaceous perennial plant growing 30-100 cm tall; square shaped stem; flowers are produced in slender spikes; it's named for it's pointy leaves
- Aroma: Characteristic minty scent sweeter than the minty aroma of peppermint
- Note: Middle to top
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear
- Main Constituents: L-carvone: 58.94%
Blends Well With: Basil, Birch Sweet, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Jasmine, Lavender and Rosemary
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes
- More Safety Info: Generally safe. Follow dilution instructions
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 ml
Why we like it
Simply Earth donates 13% of all profits to fight human trafficking. The average age of an individual forced into human trafficking is 13. Also, they use minimal packaging with bottles arriving in cardboard packaging.
Simply Earth has a commitment to quality. To make sure each plant reaches its potential, they carefully and ethically choose a region where it will thrive. Then they work with their farmers. When plants have reached maturity, they are harvested safely and fairly. From there they collect their natural essential oils through either cold-pressing or steam-distillation, never diluted or mixed with additives. Every batch is then tested to ensure 100% purity.
We are proud to partner with a social good brand like Simply Earth!