Simply Earth - Grapefruit Essential Oil (Pink)
Called the forbidden fruit of Barbados by Griffith Hughes, grapefruit was discovered to be growing in Jamaica in 1789. Since then, grapefruit has been found to have many, many benefits–from clearing skin to rejuvenating dull hair.
Grapefruit is also known for its ability to uplift, energize, and support mental focus.
Download Simply Earth's Essential Oil for Beginners book.
- Botanical Name: Citrus paradisi
- Origin: USA
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Plant Description: Citrus Recemosa and Citrus Maxima are the scientific names for Grapefruit. It looks like a group of grapes hanging on trees; the oil is extracted from its peel
- Aroma: Fresh, sweet citrus smell that is very characteristic of the fruit
- Note: Base to middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Pale orange
- Main Constituents: d-Limonene
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Citronella, Coriander, Fir Needle, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Neroli, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang
- Dilution Rate: Always dilute an essential oil with a carrier oil before using it on the skin. This oil can cause skin irritation if not properly diluted. Grapefruit Essential Oil is best used at a 4% or less dilution rate. For kids use this oil at a 1% dilution rate or less. For dilution rates check out this dilution guide.
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes
- Cat or Dog Safe: Cats will not like the citrus smell of this oil, but it is unlikely to cause any adverse reactions. Make sure your cat can leave the room if you are using this oil. This oil is generally safe for dogs.
- More Safety Info: This oil is phototoxic. Avoid spending time in direct sunlight after using this oil topically as it will make you more likely to get sun burned. Shelf life of 2 years
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 ml
Why we like it
Simply Earth donates 13% of all profits to fight human trafficking. The average age of an individual forced into human trafficking is 13. Also, they use minimal packaging with bottles arriving in cardboard packaging.
Simply Earth has a commitment to quality. To make sure each plant reaches its potential, they carefully and ethically choose a region where it will thrive. Then they work with their farmers. When plants have reached maturity, they are harvested safely and fairly. From there they collect their natural essential oils through either cold-pressing or steam-distillation, never diluted or mixed with additives. Every batch is then tested to ensure 100% purity.
We are proud to partner with a social good brand like Simply Earth!